I always love to try out new recipes around here. I especially love to try out new recipes that can be ready in 30 minutes during the week. But let’s be honest about meal planning for a minute, can we? Sometimes, you just get in a rut. We end up rotating through the same few meals often around here. It’s fine because it works and we like what we’re eating. But every now and then, it’s nice to try something new. Am I right?
So, when I was contacted by Influenster to be apart of the Seeds of Change campaign, I immediately jumped on board as a way to force myself to try something new in the kitchen and I’m glad I did.
This sweet & sour chicken stir fry was so easy to put together and it provided dinner for 2 plus leftovers for lunch the next two days – you can’t beat that!
Sweet & Sour Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 Tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 2 cups of frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup of whole green beans
- 1 cup of red bell pepper, diced
- 1 package (8 oz) Seeds of Change Organic Sweet & Sour Simmer Sauce
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in skillet over medium heat
- Add vegetables and saute until tender
- Remove vegetables and set aside
- Add 2 tbsp of oil and cubed chicken into heated pan
- Cook chicken over medium-high heat until done
- Add vegetables and 8 oz. package of Seeds of Change Organic Sweet & Sour Simmer Sauce
- Mix well and reduce heat
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes
- Serve over rice or as-is
Not only was the Seeds of Change sauce absolutely delicious, I was glad to learn that it was created using certified organic ingredients and that 1% of sales from these foods go to local, community-based gardening and farming initiatives across the United States. You can find Seeds of Change sauces and other food products at your local Target store.
To learn more about Seeds of Change, see here.
When was the last time you made something new in the kitchen? Do you enjoy new things or do you tend to stick to the same meals during the week?