This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click through and make purchases from those links, I will earn a small commission. For more information, please see full disclosure.
Can I let y’all in on a little secret? I love Valentine’s Day and it’s been a favorite of mine for a while. It’s such a fun holiday to celebrate since there really are no rules. You can be as elaborate or as simple as you’d like (I opt for simple), there are lots of fun treats, and it’s a day set aside specifically to celebrate love. Who doesn’t love love? Even before I was dating Hubs, I would go out with friends on Valentine’s Day to celebrate our friendship. We’d get dressed up, eat somewhere fun, have treats. It’s just always been a fun day for me.
That said, I think it’s even more fun now that we have kids because we get to do all the crafts!
Today, I’m sharing a really simple DIY Valentine’s Day garland that I made to hang on our fire place this year.
I love how simple and fun this garland looks on our mantel. This is another project you can easily knock out during nap-time. I actually really enjoy doing things like this during nap, because it’s always a fun surprise for Little when he wakes up. And, since this garland uses foam hearts – it’s totally kid friendly and you can save the extra hearts for other projects.
DIY Valentine’s Day Garland
Have I convinced you yet? Great. Now, let’s get started!
- Large Foam Hearts – I ended up using 7, but you could use more or less depending on how long your garland needs to be.
- Craft Ribbon, measured to the desired length – depends where you’ll be hanging it. I recommend starting with a whole spool of ribbon and testing it for length before cutting. You can cut a little extra to be sure.
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
- Measure ribbon to desired length
- Cut with a little extra just in case
- Lay ribbon on a flat surface and space foam hearts out along it
- Using hot glue, attach each heart in place. See photo below. I ended up doing two dots of glue on the back of each heart.
- Allow glue to dry thoroughly.
And that’s it. Totally easy. Almost no clean up required and a perfectly kid friendly decoration. (Unlike some of those Christmas ornaments we just put away over here!)
Do you like to decorate for Valentine’s Day? Do you even like Valentine’s Day? How do you celebrate? Be sure to tell me in the comments!